Skip navigation

Update Your Information with Contractor Licensing

To Change the Business Name

If your business name registered with the state has changed, you can update it on your license card by submitting the following documents in person at the Contractor Licensing counter:

  • A new license application signed by the licensed company’s designated owner/officer,
  • A copy of the owner/officer’s Driver’s License (this is not needed if the owner/officer is coming in person), 
  • These Colorado Secretary of State forms based on the corporate structure, and
  • A letter signed by an owner/officer on company letterhead that the supervisor certificate holder coming in to submit these documents is authorized by the company to pick up the new license. This is not needed if the owner/officer is coming in person. Otherwise the new license will be mailed to the address listed on the license.

The supervisor certificate holder must submit these documents to Contractor Licensing in person.

To Change Owners/Officers

To add or remove individual owners/officers from your company, submit a notarized letter or meeting minutes on company letterhead, signed by an existing owner/officer, that shows who the new officers will be. If the company ownership has wholly changed to a new individual or entity, submit a copy of the buyout agreement. 

These documents can be dropped off in person or can be mailed to:

Community Planning and Development
Contractor Licensing
201 W. Colfax Ave., Dept. 205
Denver, CO 80202

To Change Contact Information

An owner/officer for the licensed company can update company contact information (phone, email, mailing address), by submitting a signed letter of the changes to be made. 

The letter can be mailed, dropped off in person, or emailed to Note that the letter of changes must be signed, so if it is emailed, it must be an attachment with a visible signature. Typed signatures are not acceptable.

Contact information can also always be easily updated when licenses are renewed.