- Bike parks
- Buffalo Bill Museum & Grave at Lookout Mountain
Please note: The Buffalo Bill Museum will transition to a modified operating schedule at the end of the summer season. Beginning Monday, August 31, the museum will be open to the public Friday through Sunday from 9 am to 5 pm. The museum will also be open on Monday, September 7, for the Labor Day holiday. Park hours and concession operations at Pahaska Tepee will remain unchanged.
- Chief Hosa Campground
- Civic Center Park
- Dog parks
- Disc golf courses
- Exercise equipment
- Futsal courts
- Golf courses
- Hand-powered boating with permit
- Permitted & Non-permitted athletic fields
- Red Rocks Park
- Sport courts (tennis, basketball, croquet, etc.)
- Skate parks
- Slackline course (Harvard Gulch Park)
PLEASE NOTE: Playgrounds and other park equipment are not disinfected by operations staff.
- Playground or outdoor sports court use (drop-in/casual use), allowed max of 10 and follow posted requirements
- Users of other park spaces, max of one unless in the same household, follow posted requirements
- Practice good hand hygiene, using hand sanitizer frequently when soap and water is not available
- Wear a face covering
Summer 2020 Park Irrigation
Irrigation is active in all Denver parks this year, and we are irrigating to maintain tree, shrub and turf health within our irrigation budget. We are balancing our irrigation repair and maintenance program with reduced staffing, so irrigation technicians must also help with other park maintenance activities. Irrigation repairs are also hampered by shortages of irrigation parts as a result of supplier and manufacturer shutdowns due to COVID-19.
The summer season has been hotter and dryer than normal. The seven Denver Parks’ weather stations throughout the city show average rainfall of 3.5 inches for the irrigation season so far (April 15 to July 20), which is more than three inches below historical normal. Temperatures have been four degrees above normal for the month of July in the Denver area. During periods of high temperatures, extended wind events, and low precipitation, some turf may go dormant and not appear as lush green. You will see some brown spots in parks.
Our irrigation team is addressing needed repairs, programing schedule adjustments, and addressing vandalism issues as quickly as possible given these difficult conditions. Thank you for your patience.